No. NDGBGOA(CE)/General/34/2014-05 Date:- 29-04-2014
The Chairman& DGOF
Ordnance Factory Board,
10 A SK Bose Road
Kolkatta – 700001 (Kind attention:- DIR/IR)
Sub: Interview with The Chairman & DGOF/OFB – requesting of .
The Central Executive Committee of NDGBGOA directed the undersigned to request the Honorable Chairman & DGOF to grant his valuable time to discuss the following points pertaining to Group `B’ Gazetted Officer with the Office bearers of NDGBGOA at the earliest.
1. Discrepancy in cadre review proposal for JWM (Technical & Non-Technical) – It is brought to your kind notice that two different proposals have been sent by OFB for JWM/NT. The cadre review proposal forwarded to MoD by A/NG & A/NI Section for JWM/NT are entirely different from one another. It is surprised to note that OFB has sent two different proposals to MoD for one cadre of JWM(N/T). Moreover, NDGBGOA proposes to make JWM(SG) or Section Manager in a single grade in the grade pay of 5400(PB-3) and thereafter promotion to WM. As the cadre review has taken a very long time, your personal intervention is requested in this regard.
2. Promotion from JWM to AWM – It is deeply regretted that all promotional orders by OFB is taking place in time except JWM to AWM. Your kind intervention is requested in this regard.
3. Advance DPC for JWM to AWM Promotion:- It is regret to note that OFBoard is not serious to grant promotion to JWM and every time they assured but timely they have not setup advance DPC committee for promotion JWM to AWM in time like a IOFS promotion .
4. Publishing of correct Seniority list of JWM(T/NT):- Recently O.F.Board has published Seniority list where many names of JWM have been left out and in this matter many times the above discrepancies brought to notice of DIR/NG and DDG/NG. But till date OFB has not published correct Seniority list. Seniority List should be published in discipline wise.
5. Reinitiate Cancelled Transfer Order:- NGDGBGOA has discussed this points in various forum and every forum OFB has assured but no action has been taken so far.
6. Transfer policy – The transfer policy framed by OFB is not strictly adhered to by OFB itself. It is brought to your kind notice that in the recent transfer orders of JWMs, some JWMs who are having less than two year service were transferred and some of the JWMs of HVF,Avadi and SAF, Kanpur have been transferred although the existing strength there is less than sanctioned strength. Moreover the JWMs who have got transfer on compassionate ground are not being released by the concerned GMs.
7. Nature of duties of JWM(T) & (N/T) – The matter has been regularly taken up by our association during all the meetings with OFB wherein it was promised to publish the nature of work of JWM(T) & JWM(N/T) in Ordnance Factories but till date it has not been published.
8. Training of Group `B’ Gazetted Officers–As JWMs are functioning as Head of Sections in Ordnance Factories, the training for JWMs may be conducted at NADP and not along with LDC/UDC/Chargeman.
9. A/G Section for all Gazetted Officers – As A/NG Section is dealing with matters related to large number of Chargeman& JWM, our association proposes that the dealings related to JWM should be carried out by A/G Section.
10. Issue of briefcase to all the Group `B’ Gazetted Officers – Circular for issue of briefcase to all the Group B Gazetted officers is not yet published by OFB although it was accepted by Mem/Per during the meeting held on 22.01.2014.
11. Direct recruitment of Chargeman – It is deeply regretted that JWM(T) are still continued by General Managers for Shift Duty, Plant/Workshop Operations due to non-availability of Chargeman. Even though OFB has made advertisement for recruitment for Chargeman in December 2013, it has not yet materialized. Your kind intervention is requested in this regard.
12. PLB & Risk allowance – PLB should be granted to all the Group `B’ Gazetted Officers as the cadre is directly involved in production activities. Risk allowance should be extended to all Group `B’ Gazetted Officers posted in such sections wherever the Industrial Employees are eligible.
13. LDCE for AWM from JWM – Provision of LDCE from JWM to AWM may be initiated with proper revision in SRO of Group `A’ cadre for better utilization of talent in Group B cadre.
14. R&D and modernization in Ordnance Factories – R&D and modernization activities are not keeping pace with global developments & therefore Ordnance Factories are lagging behind in these areas. These activities should be undertaken on time bound basis. For better R&D and modernization activities in Ordnance Factories, the services of experienced&retired JWMs should be utilized.
15. Honorarium for conducting inquiry – Honorarium should be made to all Gazetted Officers for conducting departmental inquiry in revise rates (O.M No. 142/15/2010-AVD, dated 31.07.2012)
16. Ordnance quota in railway bookings – Railway Board may be requested for granting Ordnance quota for employees of Ordnance Factories as many Staff & Officers are moving on deputation within short notice.
17. Amendment in Hard Station list in Transfer Policy – The hard station list as per recent transfer policy should be amended and it should be at par with hard station list of DSC and Accounts.
18. Minutes of all the Official meetings between OFB and Association – It is requested to give Minutes of all the Official meetings between OFB and NDGBGOA by which the follow up action for all the points discussed can be taken care.
19. Before submission of 7th CPC proposal O.F.Board should conduct meeting with all Associations and Federation.
Hon’ble Chairman& DGOF is requested to kindly give his valuable date and time to discuss the above cadre related points and is also requested to permit 7 Office bearers for discussion please.
Sd/- (Jaigopal Singh)
1. The Member/PER
O.F.Board, Kolkatta (W.B) :- For information and n/a please