REF NO-02/NDGBGOA/IF Transfer/16 DATE- 25/04/2016
Ordnance Factory Board,
10A, S.K. Bose Road,
Kolkatta-700001. Kind attention :- ( Shri A.K.Prabhakar/Hon’ble DGOF&Chairman)
Sub: Violation in Inter Factory Transfer policy of JWMs
Ref: 1.OFB LR No. ITR-60/Per/NG/2016/ Dated; 15.04.2016.
2. No. 100/Misc/Policy/A/NG dated 23-12- 2013
3. Minutes of meeting with JS/LS(MoD),New delhi dtd 6-10-2015
With reference to the above, it is understood that OFB had prepared mass numbers of transfer list in the post of JWM's and sent the same to respective factories for further action/release/deletion/addition of the names etc which is also came in our factory. Sir JWM cadre is most deprived cadre in Ordnance Factory Organization and is fully responsible for Production and planning and Administration. This year OFB could achieved more than the allotted target because of the sincerity of JWMs under the guidance of GM/Sr.GM.
It is deeply regretted that, JWMs who have spent more than 30 years in the same station does not comes under the purview of Transfer policy vide reference no-2 but the recommendation was made by Standing Committee. It is surprise to note that, within very short period without Consultation with Stake Holder and Head of Units, Standing Committee has taken the decision which is strongly condemned by this Association. This clearly shows the lack of Transparency in the Transfer policy and this is clear cut violation of Transfer policy. Before finalizing transfer policy Hon’ble DGOF/Chairman is requested to kindly direct to all Sr.GM/GM and concerned officers of NG and G section to implement the following please.
1. Sir during meeting of JS/LS it was decided to in future transfer will take place as per Transfer policy. Accordingly, O.F.Board has cancelled transfer order which was published against the existing transfer policy in the last year. Again this year Standing Committee has recommended for transferring JWMs those have completed 30 years or more service in the same station which does not comes under the purview of Transfer policy vide Ref.no.-2 .
2. As per information available in Comnet 107 Nos. in group A and 89 Nos. in Group B Transfer orders are pending since last 2013. Ordnance Factory Board is unable to release them from Sr.GM/GM of respective factories. It shows that Sr.GM/GM is more powerful than O.F.Board and not carrying out the directive of OFB. A Copy of pending transfer order is enclosed as Annexure-A&B.
3. Still many Group ‘A’ &B officers who has completed their tenure more than 10 years in one unit they are enjoying in soft station in cities. Those are not having any sources/approaches they are working full service in Hard station. Detail officers list are available in comnet which clearly shows the violation of transfer policy and increasing of corruption in organization.
4. Sir, Many Group’B’ officers have applied on compassionate ground and are eligible for transfer but were kept in waiting list. Many JWMs have asked Transfer in compassionate Ground Transfer but OFB is not considering the application and rejecting by granting less marks.
Therefore, Group B Officers those are in waiting list, those have asked for transfer in Compassionate ground and seeking transfer in request basis may be considered for Inter Factory Transfer at the earliest in top most priority.
5. Sir, mass transfer of JWMs will not only disintegrate the expertness but also will cost huge Government money. It is observed in the factories as well as OFB that, JWMs are posted in the Section irrelevant of their trade which is clear violation of SRO/RR.In the name of Functional Ground, JWMs are being transfer from one factory to other factory but they are not posted in their trades.
6. As per the policy, JWM should work in the factory continuously for a period of 10 years unless it is required to transfer on functional ground and based on the projected requirement from Factories/units/OFBHQ, a circular should be issued twice in a year i.e. in January and July calling for applications indicating preference of posting. Therefore the exact requirement of Factories/ Unit should be mentioned by OFB and thereafter Circular should be issued for interested candidates. If there will not be sufficient number of JWMs, then Functional Ground Transfer may be taken into consideration with ensuring posting JWMs in their relevant Trade.
In view of above, the CentralExecutive Committee of this Association request you not make any transfers of JWM's without finalization of Seniority List and Cadre Review which is in pipeline (SSM, SM and JWM which may cause again functional requirement) and Consider all the Transfer application those have requested for Inter Factory Transfer at the earliest please.
With kind regards,
(JAIGOPAL SINGH )
Deptt. Of Defence Production
South Block, New Delhi
5.The Under Secretary(D-Estt.Group’B’ Gazetted)
Min. of Defence(DDP),Sena bhawan
6.The General Secretary