Today General Secretary, Shri. Jaigopal Singh and Organising Secretary Shri S.M.Badwaik met Honorable Defence Minister at his Office regarding the recent Transfer Orders and Deferment Date of promotion of JWMs and submitted a Memorandum . Honorable Defence Minister has taken seriously on the recent Transfer Order and asked Comments from Ordnance Factory Board in the Following Issues.
1. Violation of Transfer Policy of Group B Gazetted Officers- Recently OFB is trying to Compel JWMs for Inter factory Transfer which is not in the existing Transfer Policy. Moreover, it was brought to the kind notice of Honorable Defence Minister that OFB has made an order to release 74 JWM Transfer without replying to their representation.
Honorable Defence Minister has asked OFB Comments on the Recent Inter Factory Transfer Order and assured for a needful Action.
In this Regard, Honorable Member of Parliament, Bhandara also has given representation to Honorable Defence Minister for Consideration and Needful action on the recent Transfer Order of JWMs by OFB.
2. Deferment Of Date of Promotion Of JWMs- Regarding Deferment Date Of Promotion Honorable Defence Minister intervene in the matter and asked OFB Comments on the Deferment of date of promotion of JWMs from OFB.
General Secretary pursues the following Points at MOD and MOF during his visit at New Delhi on 11/05/2016.
1. Cadre Review of JWMs- The Proposal was again sent to OFB for reduction of Five Percent Strength of JWMs which is yet to be received from OFB. Once the Proposal is received from OFB it will be clear by MoF.
2. Proposal to 7Th CPC regarding JWMs by MoD To MoF- Regarding Placement of JWMs in the grade pay of 4800 in 7th CPC, there was query from MoF, whether to make 100 percent JWMs in 4800 GP or Not ? On behalf of MoD it was clarified that the proposal has been sent to MoF with Recommendation of Honorable Defence Minister which may kindly be considered positively.
Regarding all the issues of JWMs, it will be further clarified in the meeting with Member/Per which is Scheduled on 16th May 2016 at OFB.
This for the information to all the members.
MEMORANDUM TO HONORABLE DEFENCE MINISTER ON 11/05/2016
Ref.No- NDGBGOA/CE/03/2016-01 Date-11/05/2016
The Hon’bleDefence Minister,
Ministry of Defence,
Govt. of India,
South Block, New Delhi.110011.
Sub- Important unresolved issues pertaining to JWMs Cadre-Reg
Ref No- 1) Assn Ltr.No.-NDGBGOA/CE/30/RM/2015- Date: 30-06-2015
2) Meeting held at MoD with JS(LS) with Assn. on 24/09/2015.
3)Assn Ltr.No. NDGBGOA/CE/01/2016-01 Date-03/03/2016
The Central Executive of this Association thanking you for your kind intervention by which one meeting was arranged at MoD with Joint Secretary(LS) with office Bearer of NDGBGOA on 24/09/2015. After the meeting some of the important points were resolved and some points are still pending at MoF and OFB without any fruitful result. Therefore Central Executive of this Association once again requests your kind intervention and necessary direction for the following unresolved issues pertaining to Junior Works Manager of Ordnance Factories at the earliest please.
1.CADRE REVIEW OF JWMs- Sir, in Ordnance Factories, One Group C is able to get its pay band change (PB-I to PB-II) within a period of 12-13 years ( Semi Skill employees can become Master Crafts Man with four promotion) , Similarly one Group A is able to gets its pay band change (PB-III to PB-IV) within a period of 12-13 years( JTS can become JAG ) where as one Group B entry cannot get PB III for 29 years due to lack of promotional avenue( Only one Promotion).The Central Executive of this Association request your kind intervention for an early Cadre review of JWM Cadre of Ordnance Factories which is pending for long time with MoF ..
2. Placement of Junior works Manager (Group B Gazetted)of Ordnance Factories as per the recommendation of OFB and MoD- Sir, it is brought to your kind notice that, OFB as well as MoD has recommended Grade pay of 4800 , 5400 PB-II and 5400 (PB III) for JWM cadre to 7th CPC as per the responsibility and accountability and negligible promotional avenue for the cadre. At this juncture this Association with great hopes, request your kind intervention and necessary action at Ministry of Finance (7TH CPC Implementation Cell) for approval the proposal at the earliest please.
3. Deferment in date of promotion of JWM ( JWM Promotion published on
22/12/2015 by OFB)- Sir, it is deeply regretted that OFB has published promotion to JWM along with deferment in dates of previous promotions (4-5 years beyond from previously published dates) in review DPC. It is noted with deep regret that OFB is not serious regarding Group B cadre ( Chargeman and JWMs) leave along its promotion. Implementation of 7th CPC is due in 01/01/2016 but OFB has not been able to get the Seniority of Chargeman and JWM right, till date. Every time OFB publishes a seniority list of the above cadre, there is goof-up and these results many courts cases for settlement. Your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB is requested for not defer the date of promotion from CM to JWM and early correction in seniority list of JWM please.
4. Violation of Transfer policy of JWMs by OFB- Ordnance Factory Board is enforcing mass transfer of JWMs which is not as per the policy. It is brought to your kind notice that, OFB is trying to make transfer of JWMs those have completed 30 year of Service in a Unit which is not there in the existing Transfer Policy. Most of the JWMs those have completed 30 Year service in a unit are promoted from Industrial Employees and are left with maximum 05 Year of Service. As per their technical Knowledge they are expert in Particular Plant and Machinery in that unit but are not well Qualified to perform duty in a new plant and Machinery. If they are compelled for transfer to new Factory, they will either they may take voluntary retirement or their performance will not be good in the new factory. If this transfer is ordered by OFB, then there will be Loss of Government money without any benefit to the Organisation.
In the last year (July 2015) OFB has ordered 155 numbers of JWMs Transfer but due to your kind intervention it was stopped by OFB as a result unnecessary govt. Expenditure could be saved. Now OFb is in the line to make mass transfer of JWMs which will not only cause the Govt. Expenditure but also will disintegrate the expertness. Therefore your kind intervention is requested for a fair transfer policy of JWMs in OFB.
5. Local Account should be empowered to pass TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim bill of G’roup B&C ( Gazetted & Non Gazetted) :- At present Local Accounts of all Ordnance Factories is passing TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim and GPF final claim of Industrial employees only. All above mentioned bill of Group B&C (Gazetted and Non Gazetted) Staff and Officers is forwarded to PCF&A, Kolkata. Due to such type of policy lot of govt. expenditure (Crores of Rupees) incurring in postal correspondence and Deputations. Hence all Local Accounts should be empowered for settle the claims of above bills up to Group’B’Gazetted level so that lot of unwanted govt. expenditure and time can be saved.
6. Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted cadre-
Sir, Hierarchy in Pay package exists in all the Organisation whether it is Private or Government. Hierarchy in Pay Package is required for thinking of Ownership and to control the subordinates. It is brought to your kind notice that in Ordnance Factories subordinate employees those are in Non Gazetted Cadres gets more monthly salary (in terms of Over time Allowance, Piece work Incentive,NDA, Bonus )than Group B Gazetted Cadre(JWM). In this organization promotion to a Group B Gazetted post results in loss of financial benefit.Therefore, The Central Executive of this Association requests your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB for introduction of Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted Officers at the earliest please.
7. One time relaxation on Availed LTC – It is brought to your kind notice that, even after final settlement of LTC Claim, Accounts Department is again reopening the LTC Cases in some Ordnance Factories through Internal Audit. It is requested not to reopen the LTC Claims which is already settled by Principal Controller of Finance and accounts Kolkata.
With a great hope and expectation, the Central Executive of this Association requests your kind Honor for resolving the above important issues pertaining to Group B Gazetted officers of Ordnance factories before implementation of 7th CPC please.
1. The Joint Secretary/LS- For Granting a meeting at MoD with NDGBGOA for resolving the above important pending issues pertaining to JWM cadre.