Wednesday, 8 June 2016
Saturday, 4 June 2016
REF No.NDGBGOA/CE/Seniority/2016-5 DATE : 30-05-2015
The DGOF & Chairman,
Ordnance Factory Board,
Ordnance Factory Board,
Kolkata-1. (W.B). (Kind attention: - Member/Per.)
Sub: Discrepancy in Seniority list of JWM- reg
Ref:1. NDGBGOA/CE/GENERAL/63/2014-09 Dated- 17-09-2014
2. NDGBGOA/CE/GENERAL/64/2014-09 Dated- 27-11-2014
3. NDGBGOA/CE/GENERAL/64/2015-01 Dated- 13-01-2015
4. Task Force member (NDGBGOA) representation dated-11-08-2015
5. NDGBGOA/CE/79/ Seniority/2015-12 Dated-21-12-2015
6. Periodical meeting with Member/Per Dated- 01-04-2015, 16-11-2015& 16-05-2016
Reference cited, it is deeply regretted that NDGBGOA has represented for Correction in seniority list of JWMs (published on 18/11/2014) time and again but it is unnoticed by OFB till date which is creating displeasure among the JWM cadre.
There was a Task force Committee under the chairmanship of S.K.SINGH (DIR/NG) in which suggestion from Task Force members were taken and thereafter no action has been initiated till date. Moreover in the last periodical meeting on 16/05/2016, Member/Per and DIR/IR and DIR/NG has assured that Decision and correction regarding seniority list of JWMs will be complete within a week.
Therefore, your kind intervention and earliest necessary action is requested for correcting Seniority list of JWM by 15th June 2016 or otherwise this Association may compelled to go for agitation moment.
1. The General Secretary/CDRA/New Delhi
2.The DDG/NG&IR, O.F.Board, :- For information and necessary correction in Published Seniority list latest by 15th June 2016 please.
REF No.NDGBGOA/CE/MINUTES/2016-5 DATE : 30-05-2015
The DGOF & Chairman,
Ordnance Factory Board,
Ordnance Factory Board,
(Kind attention: - Member/Per,O.F.Board)
Sub: Minutes of 1St Periodical meeting 16-17 held at OFB and Chaired by Member/Per on 16-05-2016-Reg.
The 1St periodical meeting with Association for the year 2016-17 was held at OFB on 16/05/2016. Honorable Member/Per. has assured to issue the Minutes of the Meeting within a week which is awaited by the Central Executive of this Association.
Hence I request your kind honors to issue Minutes of the meeting to this Association or it may kindly be Uploaded in the OFB Comnet at the earliest ( within this week) please.
( JAIGOPAL SINGH )
1. The DDG/NG&IR
O.F.Board,Kolkata(W.B):- For information and n/a please.
O.F.Board,Kolkata(W.B) :- For information and n/a please.
Wednesday, 11 May 2016
Today General Secretary, Shri. Jaigopal Singh and Organising Secretary Shri S.M.Badwaik met Honorable Defence Minister at his Office regarding the recent Transfer Orders and Deferment Date of promotion of JWMs and submitted a Memorandum . Honorable Defence Minister has taken seriously on the recent Transfer Order and asked Comments from Ordnance Factory Board in the Following Issues.
1. Violation of Transfer Policy of Group B Gazetted Officers- Recently OFB is trying to Compel JWMs for Inter factory Transfer which is not in the existing Transfer Policy. Moreover, it was brought to the kind notice of Honorable Defence Minister that OFB has made an order to release 74 JWM Transfer without replying to their representation.
Honorable Defence Minister has asked OFB Comments on the Recent Inter Factory Transfer Order and assured for a needful Action.
In this Regard, Honorable Member of Parliament, Bhandara also has given representation to Honorable Defence Minister for Consideration and Needful action on the recent Transfer Order of JWMs by OFB.
2. Deferment Of Date of Promotion Of JWMs- Regarding Deferment Date Of Promotion Honorable Defence Minister intervene in the matter and asked OFB Comments on the Deferment of date of promotion of JWMs from OFB.
General Secretary pursues the following Points at MOD and MOF during his visit at New Delhi on 11/05/2016.
1. Cadre Review of JWMs- The Proposal was again sent to OFB for reduction of Five Percent Strength of JWMs which is yet to be received from OFB. Once the Proposal is received from OFB it will be clear by MoF.
2. Proposal to 7Th CPC regarding JWMs by MoD To MoF- Regarding Placement of JWMs in the grade pay of 4800 in 7th CPC, there was query from MoF, whether to make 100 percent JWMs in 4800 GP or Not ? On behalf of MoD it was clarified that the proposal has been sent to MoF with Recommendation of Honorable Defence Minister which may kindly be considered positively.
Regarding all the issues of JWMs, it will be further clarified in the meeting with Member/Per which is Scheduled on 16th May 2016 at OFB.
This for the information to all the members.
MEMORANDUM TO HONORABLE DEFENCE MINISTER ON 11/05/2016
Ref.No- NDGBGOA/CE/03/2016-01 Date-11/05/2016
The Hon’bleDefence Minister,
Ministry of Defence,
Govt. of India,
South Block, New Delhi.110011.
Sub- Important unresolved issues pertaining to JWMs Cadre-Reg
Ref No- 1) Assn Ltr.No.-NDGBGOA/CE/30/RM/2015- Date: 30-06-2015
2) Meeting held at MoD with JS(LS) with Assn. on 24/09/2015.
3)Assn Ltr.No. NDGBGOA/CE/01/2016-01 Date-03/03/2016
The Central Executive of this Association thanking you for your kind intervention by which one meeting was arranged at MoD with Joint Secretary(LS) with office Bearer of NDGBGOA on 24/09/2015. After the meeting some of the important points were resolved and some points are still pending at MoF and OFB without any fruitful result. Therefore Central Executive of this Association once again requests your kind intervention and necessary direction for the following unresolved issues pertaining to Junior Works Manager of Ordnance Factories at the earliest please.
1.CADRE REVIEW OF JWMs- Sir, in Ordnance Factories, One Group C is able to get its pay band change (PB-I to PB-II) within a period of 12-13 years ( Semi Skill employees can become Master Crafts Man with four promotion) , Similarly one Group A is able to gets its pay band change (PB-III to PB-IV) within a period of 12-13 years( JTS can become JAG ) where as one Group B entry cannot get PB III for 29 years due to lack of promotional avenue( Only one Promotion).The Central Executive of this Association request your kind intervention for an early Cadre review of JWM Cadre of Ordnance Factories which is pending for long time with MoF ..
2. Placement of Junior works Manager (Group B Gazetted)of Ordnance Factories as per the recommendation of OFB and MoD- Sir, it is brought to your kind notice that, OFB as well as MoD has recommended Grade pay of 4800 , 5400 PB-II and 5400 (PB III) for JWM cadre to 7th CPC as per the responsibility and accountability and negligible promotional avenue for the cadre. At this juncture this Association with great hopes, request your kind intervention and necessary action at Ministry of Finance (7TH CPC Implementation Cell) for approval the proposal at the earliest please.
3. Deferment in date of promotion of JWM ( JWM Promotion published on
22/12/2015 by OFB)- Sir, it is deeply regretted that OFB has published promotion to JWM along with deferment in dates of previous promotions (4-5 years beyond from previously published dates) in review DPC. It is noted with deep regret that OFB is not serious regarding Group B cadre ( Chargeman and JWMs) leave along its promotion. Implementation of 7th CPC is due in 01/01/2016 but OFB has not been able to get the Seniority of Chargeman and JWM right, till date. Every time OFB publishes a seniority list of the above cadre, there is goof-up and these results many courts cases for settlement. Your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB is requested for not defer the date of promotion from CM to JWM and early correction in seniority list of JWM please.
4. Violation of Transfer policy of JWMs by OFB- Ordnance Factory Board is enforcing mass transfer of JWMs which is not as per the policy. It is brought to your kind notice that, OFB is trying to make transfer of JWMs those have completed 30 year of Service in a Unit which is not there in the existing Transfer Policy. Most of the JWMs those have completed 30 Year service in a unit are promoted from Industrial Employees and are left with maximum 05 Year of Service. As per their technical Knowledge they are expert in Particular Plant and Machinery in that unit but are not well Qualified to perform duty in a new plant and Machinery. If they are compelled for transfer to new Factory, they will either they may take voluntary retirement or their performance will not be good in the new factory. If this transfer is ordered by OFB, then there will be Loss of Government money without any benefit to the Organisation.
In the last year (July 2015) OFB has ordered 155 numbers of JWMs Transfer but due to your kind intervention it was stopped by OFB as a result unnecessary govt. Expenditure could be saved. Now OFb is in the line to make mass transfer of JWMs which will not only cause the Govt. Expenditure but also will disintegrate the expertness. Therefore your kind intervention is requested for a fair transfer policy of JWMs in OFB.
5. Local Account should be empowered to pass TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim bill of G’roup B&C ( Gazetted & Non Gazetted) :- At present Local Accounts of all Ordnance Factories is passing TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim and GPF final claim of Industrial employees only. All above mentioned bill of Group B&C (Gazetted and Non Gazetted) Staff and Officers is forwarded to PCF&A, Kolkata. Due to such type of policy lot of govt. expenditure (Crores of Rupees) incurring in postal correspondence and Deputations. Hence all Local Accounts should be empowered for settle the claims of above bills up to Group’B’Gazetted level so that lot of unwanted govt. expenditure and time can be saved.
6. Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted cadre-
Sir, Hierarchy in Pay package exists in all the Organisation whether it is Private or Government. Hierarchy in Pay Package is required for thinking of Ownership and to control the subordinates. It is brought to your kind notice that in Ordnance Factories subordinate employees those are in Non Gazetted Cadres gets more monthly salary (in terms of Over time Allowance, Piece work Incentive,NDA, Bonus )than Group B Gazetted Cadre(JWM). In this organization promotion to a Group B Gazetted post results in loss of financial benefit.Therefore, The Central Executive of this Association requests your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB for introduction of Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted Officers at the earliest please.
7. One time relaxation on Availed LTC – It is brought to your kind notice that, even after final settlement of LTC Claim, Accounts Department is again reopening the LTC Cases in some Ordnance Factories through Internal Audit. It is requested not to reopen the LTC Claims which is already settled by Principal Controller of Finance and accounts Kolkata.
With a great hope and expectation, the Central Executive of this Association requests your kind Honor for resolving the above important issues pertaining to Group B Gazetted officers of Ordnance factories before implementation of 7th CPC please.
1. The Joint Secretary/LS- For Granting a meeting at MoD with NDGBGOA for resolving the above important pending issues pertaining to JWM cadre.
Friday, 29 April 2016
REF NO-02/NDGBGOA/IF Transfer/16 DATE- 25/04/2016
Ordnance Factory Board,
10A, S.K. Bose Road,
Kolkatta-700001. Kind attention :- ( Shri A.K.Prabhakar/Hon’ble DGOF&Chairman)
Sub: Violation in Inter Factory Transfer policy of JWMs
Ref: 1.OFB LR No. ITR-60/Per/NG/2016/ Dated; 15.04.2016.
2. No. 100/Misc/Policy/A/NG dated 23-12- 2013
3. Minutes of meeting with JS/LS(MoD),New delhi dtd 6-10-2015
With reference to the above, it is understood that OFB had prepared mass numbers of transfer list in the post of JWM's and sent the same to respective factories for further action/release/deletion/addition of the names etc which is also came in our factory. Sir JWM cadre is most deprived cadre in Ordnance Factory Organization and is fully responsible for Production and planning and Administration. This year OFB could achieved more than the allotted target because of the sincerity of JWMs under the guidance of GM/Sr.GM.
It is deeply regretted that, JWMs who have spent more than 30 years in the same station does not comes under the purview of Transfer policy vide reference no-2 but the recommendation was made by Standing Committee. It is surprise to note that, within very short period without Consultation with Stake Holder and Head of Units, Standing Committee has taken the decision which is strongly condemned by this Association. This clearly shows the lack of Transparency in the Transfer policy and this is clear cut violation of Transfer policy. Before finalizing transfer policy Hon’ble DGOF/Chairman is requested to kindly direct to all Sr.GM/GM and concerned officers of NG and G section to implement the following please.
1. Sir during meeting of JS/LS it was decided to in future transfer will take place as per Transfer policy. Accordingly, O.F.Board has cancelled transfer order which was published against the existing transfer policy in the last year. Again this year Standing Committee has recommended for transferring JWMs those have completed 30 years or more service in the same station which does not comes under the purview of Transfer policy vide Ref.no.-2 .
2. As per information available in Comnet 107 Nos. in group A and 89 Nos. in Group B Transfer orders are pending since last 2013. Ordnance Factory Board is unable to release them from Sr.GM/GM of respective factories. It shows that Sr.GM/GM is more powerful than O.F.Board and not carrying out the directive of OFB. A Copy of pending transfer order is enclosed as Annexure-A&B.
3. Still many Group ‘A’ &B officers who has completed their tenure more than 10 years in one unit they are enjoying in soft station in cities. Those are not having any sources/approaches they are working full service in Hard station. Detail officers list are available in comnet which clearly shows the violation of transfer policy and increasing of corruption in organization.
4. Sir, Many Group’B’ officers have applied on compassionate ground and are eligible for transfer but were kept in waiting list. Many JWMs have asked Transfer in compassionate Ground Transfer but OFB is not considering the application and rejecting by granting less marks.
Therefore, Group B Officers those are in waiting list, those have asked for transfer in Compassionate ground and seeking transfer in request basis may be considered for Inter Factory Transfer at the earliest in top most priority.
5. Sir, mass transfer of JWMs will not only disintegrate the expertness but also will cost huge Government money. It is observed in the factories as well as OFB that, JWMs are posted in the Section irrelevant of their trade which is clear violation of SRO/RR.In the name of Functional Ground, JWMs are being transfer from one factory to other factory but they are not posted in their trades.
6. As per the policy, JWM should work in the factory continuously for a period of 10 years unless it is required to transfer on functional ground and based on the projected requirement from Factories/units/OFBHQ, a circular should be issued twice in a year i.e. in January and July calling for applications indicating preference of posting. Therefore the exact requirement of Factories/ Unit should be mentioned by OFB and thereafter Circular should be issued for interested candidates. If there will not be sufficient number of JWMs, then Functional Ground Transfer may be taken into consideration with ensuring posting JWMs in their relevant Trade.
In view of above, the CentralExecutive Committee of this Association request you not make any transfers of JWM's without finalization of Seniority List and Cadre Review which is in pipeline (SSM, SM and JWM which may cause again functional requirement) and Consider all the Transfer application those have requested for Inter Factory Transfer at the earliest please.
With kind regards,
(JAIGOPAL SINGH )
Deptt. Of Defence Production
South Block, New Delhi
5.The Under Secretary(D-Estt.Group’B’ Gazetted)
Min. of Defence(DDP),Sena bhawan
6.The General Secretary
Friday, 22 April 2016
Friday, 15 April 2016
NDGBGOA Circular 2016
Commitment for Excellence
ALL THE GROUP B GAZETTED OFFICERS OF ORDNANCE FACTORIES,
National Defence Group-B Gazetted Officer’s Association (NDGBGOA) was formed for a better transparency and to grant right justice to whole Group B Gazetted Officers in Ordnance factories. NDGBGOA has started its work in such a way that OFB was compelled to make recorded minutes of the meeting (01.04.2015 &16/11/2015) and made a Grievance Redressal mechanism for Group B Gazetted Officers by Granting yearly twice Official meeting (with recorded minutes) with Association. Moreover this Association has approached MoD for which meeting was granted to NDGBGOA on 24/09/2015 with Joint Secretary,MoD/LSand OFB Official. The Official minutes was circulated to all the concerned.
The necessity of forming another parallel association for JWMs (Group-B Officers) in OFB Organization has arisen due to following reasons.
1. The existing Association for JWMs (IOFGOA) has failed to give equitable justice for the whole JWM Cadre after merging.
2. In pre-merger scenario, Old JWM Association (IOFGOA) had approached to MOD as well as CAT (Jabalpur) for a meager Grade Pay of 4800/- with a poor vision only to keep old JWMs separate from AF/FM/SH.
3. Retrospectively, 5th CPC had offered IOFGOA to accept either Pay Scale: 7450-225-11500 with two increments or Pay scale 7500-250-12000 . At that time ,IOFGOA with poor vision had preferred scale of 7450-225-11500 with two increments( which has been graded as GP-4600 in 6th CPC ) .If , IOFGOA had farsightedly accepted Pay scale of 7500-225-11500 , JWMs in 6th CPC would have been invariably placed in Grade Pay : 4800/- and subsequently 5400/- after 4 years continuity by default.
4. After merging IOFGOA was least bother about the nature of work which has to be performed by a Group B Gazetted Officers for which JWMs are suffering.
5. They were least bother about the Allowances or Incentives for Group B Gazetted Officers which is a genuine demand.
6. They were least bother about the PLB, Risk Allowances which should be granted for a Group B Officer.
7. They were least bother about SRO of JWMs where the most experienced technical cadre was described as Ministerial (clerical).
8. They were never tried to get Official minutes of the meeting for transparency amongst our cadre and thereafter follow up action in the points.
From the above, it clearly reveals that IOFGOA has failed to do justice for the cadre as a result the most important cadre in the organization was demoralized.
NDGBGOA has formed to bring back the golden history of our organization where there was Foreman cadre with better salary package, better decision making authority, and better respect in the organization. Definitely organization will have a better period by strengthening the most experienced JWM cadre.
Dear friends, after formation of NDGBGOA, the sincere members of the branch Association taken up the important long pending issues of JWMs in the court of law at different Central Administrative Tribunal. As a result all the higher authorities of OFB and MoD were serious regarding the cadre by which they have granted number of meetings to resolve the issues. But in all the meetings they were not ready to grant Minutes of the meeting .But when NDGBGOA has called Agitation movement then OFB was Compelled to give recorded minutes.
NDGBGOA has made a highest court cases against OFB regarding genuine demand of cadre at Central Administrative Tribunals within a period of one year(2013-2014).The court cases are as follows.
1. Nature of Work of JWMs- In this regard NDGBGOA/CFA Branch has taken up at CAT Chennai (OA No-1212 of 2012 Dated-15/10/2012) with Miscellaneous demands to get a order from Ordnance Factory Board. Finally OFBoard has issued a speaking order on 13/08/2013 in which it has been mentioned that JWM will be HOS (Managerial) as well as shop floor level supervisor without any financial benefit. After the receiving the speaking order, NDGBGOA/CFA Branch has challenged it in CAT, Chennai (OA no- 1763/2013) to get a clear instruction on Nature of work of JWMs and thereafter financial benefit of Allowances. Honorable CAT, Madras Bench Passed an Order on 30/3/2016 and Directed to respondents to grant OTA, NDA to JWM (Gazetted Officers) if the work is extracted as Non Gazetted Status. Everybody is aware that, there is no demarcation of duty for Gazetted post JWM or Non Gazetted post of Chargeman and Office Superintendent by OFB till date. Therefore, OTA has to be granted by OFB to JWM,Or otherwise OFB has to keep sufficient subordinate staff under JWMs for keeping JWM as Senior Group B Gazetted Cadre.
2. Restoration of Promotional increment from CM II to CM I and AF to JWM after 01/01/2006- In this regard, Case was filed by NDGBGOA/AFK Branch at CAT,Mumbai Bench through OA no.-381/2014. Honorable CAT,MUMBAI Bench has ordered on 19th November to restore the incremental benefit. During the period Central Executive of our Association has taken up the matter at OFB, MoD,CGDA and PCof A for an early order. Finally we Could achive the restoration of incremental benefit and all the factories have cleared all the related cases within short period.
3. Stopping of DR AWM(Exam notice no-7/2013 Dated- 6/4/2013) without Promotion from JWM to AWM (OA NO-852/2013) - In this regard NDGBGOA/HAPP branch filed the case at CAT Chennai and Honorable Tribunal passed an interim order on 26th June 2013 . As a result OFB has published promotion from JWM to AWM in every year without any delay. Till date NDGBGOA/HAPP is continuing the case for getting more than 1000 AWM promotional vacancy.
4. Deferment date of promotion for JWM- Most of the NDGBGOA members were approached the Central Administrative Tribunal all over India for getting the justice. Central executive is trying to resolve the issues at MoD as well as OFB. In this regard CE has approached Joint Secretary/LS and DGOF/OFB. Meeting is expected very shortly from Chairman/OFb and Jt.Secy/LS very shortly.
Our Association could declare that there will not be any grade pay system in 7th CPC which was known after the meeting with 7th CPC at KOLKATA on 13/01/2015. Central executive has attended the official meeting with 7th CPC at Cossipore on 10th January 2015 which was conducted by OFB. In front 7th CPC, CE has expressed the importance of our cadre in the Organisation and shown clearly about the deprived position of JWMs. After CE explanation to The Chairman,7th CPC, He expressed that this cadre has been compressed by which there is no promotional aspects. He also expressed for decompression of the cadre.. Rather than Official meeting, our CE office bearers could got Opportunities 6 times to represent to the team of 7th CPC. Our President along with joint Secretary also met 7th CPC team during their visit to Hyderabad. We have emphasized for Industrial Allowances, Bonus for Group B Gazetted Officers. Because of our effort 7th CPC has asked Clarification to MoD regarding the Grade Pay and Industrial Allowance for JWM Cadre. MoD in its reply has consider 4800 Grade Pay and there after 5400GP in PB-II, and 5400GP in PB-III (NFU) for proper carrier progression. In this regard after publication of 7th CPC, Both the Association has taken a resolution and a meeting was conducted at Nagpur and there after General Secretary visited OFB and MoD. At present the proposal has approved by the Secretary, MoD and it was forwarded to MoF for consideration.
Central Executive could meet Honorable Defence Minister in his Office on 30/06/2015 and submitted our memorandum on 30/06/2015. We have submitted 11 points for intervention of Honorable Defence Minister. The points are Cadre Review, Increment Benefit, Grievance redressal mechanism for Group Gazetted Cadre, Incentive Scheme, PLB, Risk Allowances, SRO/RR and One time relaxation on availed LTC. Honorable Defence Minister has directed Secretary/DDP for resolving the issues within a time period of three month. In this regard a meeting was held at MoD with Joint Secretary,MoD/LSand OFB Official on 24/09/2015 with CE office bearers and the Official minutes was issued by MoD for timely action on all the issues.
After that once again CE office bearers met Honorable RM in his Office on 29/10/2015 and discuss important issues pertaining to Group B Gazetted Cadre and requested for granting meeting for resolving the pending issues. Jt. Secretary/LS may grant a meeting shortly at MoD for reviewing of Old points and new points like Deferment of promotion date of JWMs.
OFB has granted the second periodical meeting at OFB with Member Per on 16/11/2015 in which many important points were taken up. But it is observed that OFB is not able to take up the matter to the concern authorities even after our full pressure from all the concern. As Central Executives is taking up the matter at all the higher forum at MoD, MoF some of our points could be achieved.
Dear friends, during this period, our Association could achieve following important issues by regular communication to MoD and OFB.
1. Participation in APEX Committee and local productive Council.
2. Honorarium for conducting Exam.
3. Cancellation of JWM Transfer which was ordered by OFB without any policy.
4. One time relaxation in LTC.
5. First time recorded minutes of Association meeting at OFB and MoD.
6. Task Force representation from Association in seniority list preparation of JWMs.
7. Consideration of our proposal in 7th CPC in Level 08,09,10 in pay matrix with Non Functional Up Gradation at MoD .
It is informed to all the Office Bearers and CEC member that because of the hard work of sincere office bearers of NDGBGOA, we could form 30 Branches with more than 30% of membership of Group B Gazetted Officer in ORDNANCE FACTORIES within very short period.
NDGBGOA has got Continual Recognition for further five years by MoD.
Above all, NDGBGOA will fight for justice to JWM and PS Cadre by giving their cadre status & right privileges in Unit as well as OFB level. Hence, it is earnestly appealed to the whole Group B Gazetted Cadre to join National Defence Group B Gazetted Officers Association (NDGBGOA) and strengthen our hands to fight for equitable justice to neglected JWM Cadre in OFB Organisation and make this association as a 1st Association.
President General Secretary