Tuesday, 9 August 2016
Ref.NO.-NDGBGOA/CE/7TH CPC/ 2016/08 Date- 05/08/2016
Ordnance Factory Board,
10-A , S.K.Bose Road.KOLKATA-1
Kind attn. Shri. V.P. YAJURVEDI, (Honorable DGOF)
Sub- Implementation of 7th CPC for JWM cadre in Ordnance Factory-reg
Ref. No. 1- Gazette of India Notification No-512 EXTRAORDINARY PART II—
Section 3—Sub-section (i) Central Civil Services (Revised Pay) Rules,
2016 dated: 25th July 2016.
2- OFB Instruction No1- 12/P&A/7th CPC Dated- 01 AUG 2016
Reference cited above(Ref- 1)the Central Executive Committee of this association requests your earliest intervention on the subject matter please. In this regard the Central Executive Committee of this Association furnishing the followings for your kind consideration.
As per the Gazette of India notification, the point no. 6 & 10 Stated as follows-
Point no- 6. The Commission’s recommendations and Government’s decision thereon with regard to revised pay structure for civilian employees of the Central Government and personnel of All India Services as specified at Annexure I and the consequent pay fixation therein as specified at Annexure II shall be effective from the 1st day of January, 2016. The arrears on this account shall be paid during the financial year 2016-2017.
Point no-10. The Government has accepted the recommendations of the Commission on upgrading of posts except for those specified at Annexure III. The recommendations on up gradation specified at Annexure III will be separately examined by Department of Personnel and Training for taking a comprehensive view in the matter.
Sir, it is hereby informed that any one of the Annexure (Annexure-I and Annexure-III) of Gazette Notification does not mention regarding JWM cadre of Ordnance Factories (Ministry of Defence). Moreover the Gazette Notification neither mentioned regarding the Recommendation of 7th CPC nor mentioned regarding the Upgraded Recommendation of MoD and OFB regarding JWM cadre. But it is regretted to note that OFB in its Instruction for Implementing 7th CPC vide reference No-2 mentioned to keep JWM in the Grade pay of 4600 in the level 07 defies logic.
Therefore, The Central Executive of this Association request the Honorable DGOF & Chairman to Clarify the above Instruction from concern authority from MoD and implement the upgraded pay scales for JWM cadre i.e. Rs 5400 (PB III) in Level-10, Rs 5400 (PB II) in level 09 and minimum Rs 4800 to all JWM’s’ at level 08 with proper ratio as per functional requirement in the Ordnance Factories at the earliest please.
Submitted for kind intervention and necessary direction from your good office to all the Ordnance Factories units at the earliest please.
1. The Secretary/MOD,DDP,New Delhi
2. The Jt.Secretary(LS)/MOD,DDP,New Delhi
Tuesday, 2 August 2016
GENERAL SECRETARY VISIT TO MOD on 02/08/2016
Today on 02/08/2016, General Secretary visited MoD, New Delhi and could meet Honorable RM and RRM and discussed regarding the placement of JWM cadre in the 7th CPC. General Secretary expressed his displeasure and explained to Honorable Defence Minister and RRM that the Upgraded recommendation for JWM cadre of OFB which was forwarded by MoD to empowered committee is neither accepted nor rejected. The Gazette notification on 25th July 2016 does not mentioned regarding JWM cadre of Ordnance Factory which has to be sorted out at DOP&Tat the earliest.
Honorable Defence minister as well as RRM assured to look into the matter and do the needful for up gradation of JWM cadre in OFB.
General Secretary submitted memorandum to Honorable RM and RRM for their kind intervention for Up Gradation of JWM Cadre and also for other important unresolved issues pertaining to JWM Cadre. Memorandum submitted is attached here for your kind information.
Ref.No- NDGBGOA/CE/07/2016-01 Date-02/08/2016
The Hon’bleDefence Minister,
Ministry of Defence,
Govt. of India,
South Block, New Delhi.110011.
Sub- Important unresolved issues pertaining to JWMs Cadre-Reg
Ref No- 1) Assn Ltr.No.-NDGBGOA/CE/30/RM/2015- Date: 30-06-2015
2) Meeting held at MoD with JS(LS) with Assn. on 24/09/2015.
3)Assn Ltr.No. NDGBGOA/CE/01/2016-01 Date-03/03/2016.
4)Assn.Ltr.No. NDGBGOA/CE/03/2016-03 date-11/05/2016
The Central Executive of this Association thanking you for your kind intervention by which one meeting was arranged at MoD with Joint Secretary(LS) with office Bearer of NDGBGOA on 24/09/2015. After the meeting some of the important points were resolved and some points are still pending at MoF and OFB without any fruitful result. Therefore Central Executive of this Association once again requests your kind intervention and necessary direction for the following unresolved issues pertaining to Junior Works Manager of Ordnance Factories at the earliest please.
1.CADRE REVIEW OF JWMs- Sir, in Ordnance Factories, One Group C is able to get its pay band change (PB-I to PB-II) within a period of 12-13 years ( Semi Skill employees can become Master Crafts Man with four promotion) , Similarly one Group A is able to gets its pay band change (PB-III to PB-IV) within a period of 12-13 years( JTS can become JAG ) where as one Group B entry cannot get PB III for 29 years due to lack of promotional avenue( Only one Promotion).The Central Executive of this Association request your kind intervention for an early Cadre review of JWM Cadre of Ordnance Factories which is pending for long time with MoF ..
2. Placement of Junior works Manager (Group B Gazetted)of Ordnance Factories as per the recommendation of OFB and MoD- Sir, it is brought to your kind notice that, OFB as well as MoD has recommended Grade pay of 4800 , 5400 PB-II and 5400 (PB III) for JWM cadre to 7th CPC as per the responsibility and accountability and negligible promotional avenue for the cadre. At this juncture this Association with great hopes, request your kind intervention and necessary action at Ministry of Finance (7TH CPC Implementation Cell) for approval the proposal at the earliest please.
3. Deferment in date of promotion of JWM ( JWM Promotion published on
22/12/2015 by OFB)- Sir, it is deeply regretted that OFB has published promotion to JWM along with deferment in dates of previous promotions (4-5 years beyond from previously published dates) in review DPC. It is noted with deep regret that OFB is not serious regarding Group B cadre ( Chargeman and JWMs) leave along its promotion. Implementation of 7th CPC is due in 01/01/2016 but OFB has not been able to get the Seniority of Chargeman and JWM right, till date. Every time OFB publishes a seniority list of the above cadre, there is goof-up and these results many courts cases for settlement. Your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB is requested for not defer the date of promotion from CM to JWM and early correction in seniority list of JWM please.
4. Framing of Transfer policy of JWMs and Group B Officers - Ordnance Factory Board is ordering mass transfer of JWMs which is not as per the policy and moreover the policy is not approved by MoD. Therefore your kind intervention is requested for a fair transfer policy of JWMs in OFB.
5. Local Account should be empowered to pass TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim bill of G’roup B&C ( Gazetted & Non Gazetted) :- At present Local Accounts of all Ordnance Factories is passing TA/DA/LTC and Medical Claim and GPF final claim of Industrial employees only. All above mentioned bill of Group B&C (Gazetted and Non Gazetted) Staff and Officers is forwarded to PCF&A, Kolkata. Due to such type of policy lot of govt. expenditure (Crores of Rupees) incurring in postal correspondence and Deputations. Hence all Local Accounts should be empowered for settle the claims of above bills up to Group’B’Gazetted level so that lot of unwanted govt. expenditure and time can be saved.
6. Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted cadre-
Sir, Hierarchy in Pay package exists in all the Organisation whether it is Private or Government. Hierarchy in Pay Package is required for thinking of Ownership and to control the subordinates. It is brought to your kind notice that in Ordnance Factories subordinate employees those are in Non Gazetted Cadres gets more monthly salary (in terms of Over time Allowance, Piece work Incentive,NDA, Bonus )than Group B Gazetted Cadre(JWM). In this organization promotion to a Group B Gazetted post results in loss of financial benefit.Therefore, The Central Executive of this Association requests your kind intervention and necessary direction to OFB for introduction of Honorarium/Incentive Scheme, Risk Allowances for Group B Gazetted Officers at the earliest please.
With a great hope and expectation, the Central Executive of this Association requests your kind Honor for resolving the above important issues pertaining to Group B Gazetted officers of Ordnance factories before implementation of 7th CPC please.
The Honorable Defence Minister,
Govt. of India,
Ministry of Defence,
Sub: Implementation of upgraded pay scales recommended by MOD for the
JWM cadre working in Ordnance Factories – request off.
JWM cadre working in Ordnance Factories – request off.
Ref: Gazette of India No. 246 dated: 25th July 2016.
With due respect, as per the directives of NDGBGOA (CE) I the undersigned would like to submit that, our association is much privileged to acknowledge the efforts of Ministry of Defence towards initiation of appropriate action for up gradation of pay scales to the JWM’s in the 7th CPC. After publication of the Gazette Notification, the NDGBGOA would like to bring the followings for your kind notice regarding JWM cadre which may kindly be taken up at M o F and DOP&T for finalisation at the earliest please. As per notification
1. As per the Gazette of India, the point no. 10 (page 12) spells that “the Government has accepted the recommendations of the Commission on upgrading of posts except for those specified at Annexure III”. But the JWM cadre of Ordnance factories is not ben mentioned.
2. In the point no; 14 (Page 13) “ Recommendations not relating to pay, pension and allowances and other administrative issues specific to Department/ Cadres/Posts will be examined by the Ministries/Departments concerned as per the Allocation of Business Rules of Transaction of Business Rules”.
Sir, 7th CPC has recommended complicated proposal for JWM cadre which will not only make confusion for placing the existing JWMs but also will demoralise the cadre.
The MOD as well as OFB has taken initiation to mitigate the JWM issues and proposed to the empowered committee (7th CPC implementation cell) Rs 5400 (PB III) in Level-10, Rs 5400 (PB II) in level 09 and minimum Rs 4800 to all JWM’s’ at level 08 with proper ratio as per functional requirement of OFB . But it is deeply regretted that Gazette notification is silent regarding JWM cadre of Ordnance Factories.
With a great hope and expectation, the Central Executive of this Association requests your kind intervention and necessary action for approval of the proposed Up gradation of JWM cadre (As recommended by MOD) at DOP&T at the earliest please.
Thanking you, with regards.
1) The DGOF/Chairman/OFB: for Kind intervention and necessary action at the earliest please.